The IEEE Computer Society of Silicon Valley (also known as the IEEE Computer Society Santa Clara Valley) is the largest Chapter in Silicon Valley. We operate as part of the global IEEE Computer Society, which with over 60,000 members is the world’s leading organization of computing professionals. IEEE CS was founded in 1946, and is the largest of the IEEE’s 38 societies. The Computer Society is dedicated to advancing the theory and application of computing and information technology.
Our Silicon Valley Chapter emphasizes all aspects of computing to our local members and we welcome visitors. We organize monthly Technical Meetings, which give opportunity for professional networking and where invited speakers from industry share their vision on the computing domain. The Chapter also puts on two conferences each year, EDPS (the Electronic Design Process Symposium), and co-organizes the NFIC (New Frontiers in Computing) conference with NATEA (North America Taiwanese Engineering & Science Association) and the IEEE Student Chapter at Stanford University.
The Chapter is a fully volunteer driven organization, where the volunteers benefit by developing their professional network, experience and satisfaction.
2019 Chapter Officers
In its annual election, the following officers have been elected by the Chapter members.
|Vice Chair||Vishnu Pendyala|
The Chapter organization is strongly supported by a volunteer group consisting of
- Program Chair: Dr. Kiran Gunnam
- Liaison Committee Chair: Mr. Mojtaba Sharifzadehe
- Industry/Academic Liaison: Dr. Ardavan Pedram
- Industry Liaison: Dr. Rajiv Mathur
- Industry Liaison: Ms. Sujata Tibrewala
- Industry Liaison Mr. Prakash Ramchandran
- INFIC Chair Mr. Prakash Ramchandran
- Event Liaison: Mr. Kevin Cameron, TBD
- Finance committee Chair: Prakash Ramchandran
- Finance committee member: Dr. Rajiv Mathur
- Webmaster: Ms. Kunjal Rathod